Overview Of Software Developers In UkraineSep 29, 2022
Many businesses now consider offshore development for a variety of reasons, including cost, quality, and expertise. Potential customers review, gather feedback from, and analyze potential service providers with whom they consider further collaboration in order to find the right software development partner.
Customers hire developers in Ukraine for a variety of reasons beginning with a wide talent pool and ending hiring options such as outsourcing agencies or platforms like Devler.io - platform of independent, vetted developers and successful clients.
Let's go over it in depth 👇
Ukrainian IT Market Snapshot
According to the Ukrainian IT Report 2022, the IT industry grew by 36% in 2021, increasing exports from $ 5 billion to $ 6.8 billion. According to experts, these numbers have nearly doubled in the last three years, and the growth trend is quite stable.
Despite martial law caused by a neighboring aggressor country and its challenges, software development in Ukraine remains a driving force in the country's economy and is rapidly expanding. This industry's contribution to the country's GDP is gradually increasing.
The European Bank for Rehabilitation and Development estimates that if a cease-fire agreement is reached before 2023, Ukraine's economy will grow by 25%, up from 23% in March, although state reconstruction will not begin until 2023.
The persistence of the Ukrainian labor pool, along with what many say is the loyalty of Ukrainian engineers, is undoubtedly one of the factors that bring companies to Ukraine.
Let’s take a look at some stats which are only emphasizes how strong Ukraine IT Market is:
- In terms of Science and Technology Contribution, Ukraine ranked 1 out of 169 countries in the Good Country Index;
- Ukraine was ranked 11th in Emerging Europe's IT Competitiveness Index;
- Over a 100 from Fortune 500 companies stick with Ukraine's IT services;
- The country ranks among The Top 30 Startup ecosystems in the world;
- Ukraine was named the winner of the prestigious World's Delivery Destination nomination in 2021 by the UK's Global Sourcing Association;
- In its rankings of the world's top programmers, HackerRank places Ukraine ahead of the majority of Latin American, North American, and European countries.
Ukrainian web developers are also highly regarded for their ability to use cutting-edge technologies to create innovative products. Ukrainian developers create both IT-outsourced and locally manufactured products.
Upsides of Ukrainian Software Engineers
Because of the educational model that emphasizes both humanities and natural sciences, CIS engineers are well-known for their big-picture thinking and unconventional, outside-the-box problem-solving approaches.
At least 80% of Ukrainian developers have a bachelor's degree. More than 80% are under the age of 30. Because the Y-generation of Ukrainian developers is obsessed with technological innovations and implementing all novelties possible, hiring a Ukrainian development team is the best decision you can make.
The Ukrainian population is heavily influenced by high-quality education, proximity to Western Europe, and a cross-cultural attitude. As a result, a large portion of its population speaks English fluently. According to the EF English Proficiency Index, 80% of Ukrainian developers have intermediate or higher English proficiency, which is sufficient for participation in software development roles.
Ukrainian developers offer a variety of software development services, such as web and mobile OS development, UI/UX design, QA services, game design, game development, project management, analytics, R&D, IT consulting, and more. Businesses benefit from the technical expertise of Ukrainian developers.
Another advantage is their background in core industries such as data management, telecommunications, cloud computing, gaming, eCommerce, media, FinTech, healthcare, artificial intelligence, big data, data science, machine learning, and blockchain.
The average hourly wage for a professional developer is determined by a variety of factors, including whether they work in a high or low-cost country, the number of expenses and overhead costs, living conditions, taxes, legal regulations, and other factors.
Ukrainian developers save a company up to 60% of its budget with flexible policies, as the average hourly wage ranges from $30 to $100. Overall, Ukrainian developers save money and improve efficiency without sacrificing quality.
Convenient time zone
Ukraine has an excellent geographical location. Ukrainian software developers can easily contact their European customers. France and Italy have a time difference of only 1-2 hours. The situation in the United States is also great. Many locations share time with Ukraine. The daytime window of 2-3 hours allows you to easily contact software developers in Ukraine. If you've ever worked with a European country, you know that the situation is unlikely to change.
Ukrainians are willing to devote a significant amount of time to learning. Many Ukrainian software developers can learn something quickly simply because they devote more time to studying than their colleagues from other countries.
Education has been flourishing in our country for a long time, there are already a large number of senior developers who will complete the project clearly and quickly. However, there are juniors who will accept lower-paying jobs in order to gain experience.
According to the IT Ukraine Association, Ukraine is the largest developer portal. Ukraine has improved its qualitative indicators and developed good workforce dynamics. Ukraine has over 200,000+ programmers and this number is constantly growing. High-performing quality assurance specialists, UI/UX designers, and managers are also available in the Ukrainian software market.
Ukraine's Major IT Hubs
When we look at a map of Ukraine, we can see that there are numerous IT clusters, most of which are concentrated around major cities. Odessa, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhia, and Lviv are among them.
Since the beginning of Russia's military invasion, the situation in those clusters has deteriorated dramatically, and the statistics reflect this. Consider Kyiv, the pre-war capital city with the highest concentration of Ukrainian IT specialists and over 16% of them have left the country since the invasion began. Furthermore, overall 64.3% have left their homes, while 19.6% have joined the Ukrainian Armed Force and IT Army.
Ukrainian Software Development Companies
Leading IT companies in Ukraine are concentrated in big cities such as Kyiv, Lviv, Dnipro, and Odessa. They house not only large, medium, and small outsourcing agencies, but also startups, research and development centers, and other IT-related organizations.
- Intellias - is a Ukrainian company that develops custom software and has offices in Berlin and Krakow. Within two decades, it had grown to become a 1,500-person global provider of software development services.
- Infopulse is a Kyiv-based IT outsourcing company that provides end-to-end digital services. It employs over 2,000 specialists in ten countries across Western and Eastern Europe.
- Vakoms is a one-stop Ukrainian software engineering company that provides a comprehensive range of solutions and services, including IT consulting and product development. They are always looking for talented and ambitious software engineers to join their team of over 250 projects completed.
- SoftServe is a digital consulting firm based in Lviv that advises customers on cutting-edge technologies. It has 41 offices in 12 countries and employs over 13,000 people.
- Innovation Feel - Cherkasy based software company, with 50 people around specializes in Ruby on Rails. Company provides a team of engineers to create custom web and mobile applications for business areas such as FinTech, HealthCare, Logistics, E-commerce, Real Estate, and more.
- Grammarly - AI-powered cloud-based typing assistant with 240 employees, $73.2 million in annual revenue, $400 million raised, and a valuation of $13 billion.
- Preply - Their verified tutors can create lesson plans and set their own schedules to teach you languages on the platform. With a $35 million Series B funding round approved in 2021, they will undoubtedly increase their market share in the future.
- People.ai is a predictive sales management platform with 250 employees, $38 million in revenue (2022), and a total funding amount of $200 million, valued at $1 billion.
- GitLab is an open-source DevOps software company with 1,500 employees, a total revenue of $252.7 million (as of 2022), and a total funding of $413.5 million, valued at $16.5 billion.
- Genesis is a portfolio company that creates digital media, mobile apps, and games; it has 1,000 employees and is worth $1 billion.
Where to Look for Developers in Ukraine
You decided strongly to go with Ukrainian Developers. It’s definitely worth it, sure.
But another question comes up - where to find all these gurus and experts?
Of course, you can outsource a part or a whole development process to an outstaffing agency. Clutch.co can help you with this decision thanks to their strong vetting process. Also, you can hire a freelancer on Upwork, Toptal etc.
We have one more option, more sufficient and specific, - hire Ukrainian Developers with Devler.io.
Hire with Devler.io!
Devler.io is the exclusive community of professional devs from Eastern Europe, founded and created by Ukrainians.
Devler.io combined all the best practices of last years of remote working - and made those more unique and specific.
Our community is a great way to keep the work-life balance of developers on a high level of joy and to bring Devler’s clients satisfaction by our strong vetted system of engineers.
Depending on your project requirements, this platform can provide you with a Top Developer on a full-time or part-time basis. Developers from Devler.io are self-sufficient, which means they collaborate with you directly. We also have a rigorous vetting process. We are confident that every programmer at Devler.io is knowledgeable, so our clients only deal with Devler professionals who speak English fluently and have excellent soft skills.
Hire vetted developers from Ukraine on the Devler.io platform - fill the form, and you'll be surprised at how quickly we can find you a talented developer.